LNT,etc.

While the ongoing research and discussions regarding LNT are interesting and
important, haven't we lost our minds here?  I may be showing my age, but
there was a time when we assumed that LNT was a conservative basis for
setting standards (only); we did not try to derive post-exposure health
effects from it.  Perhaps this is something the anti-everythings have done
for us, but I see more and more "official" publications, including government
publications, doing the same thing.  Any chance we can get back on track, or
is the genie too far out of the bottle?

Lew LaGarde
e-mail - offtowy@aol.com