Re: LNT,etc.

March 13, 2000
Davis, CA

It would be nice if we could just assume that LNT is an upper estimate of
risk as we did years ago. That all ended with ICRP 26 and more recent ICRP
and NCRP documents that show that NCRP and ICRP really believe that they
can predict cancer deaths with their LNT models with considerable overall
accuracy. Hence, the push to lower standards continues.

Otto

		Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
              Institute of Toxicology & Environmental Health (ITEH)
		   (Street address: Building 3792, Old Davis Road)
		University of California, Davis, CA 95616
		Phone: 530-752-7754  FAX: 530-758-6140
		E-mail ograabe@ucdavis.edu