Re: Disposal of Clean YELLOW materials

There should be a site policy to avoid yellow materials outside of the radiologically restricted area (RRA).  For example, use green bags, herculite, etc. outside of the RRA and reserve yellow bags, herculite, etc. for
use in the RRA.

Also, as a volume reduction measure, you should minimize the use of herculite within the RRA.  We're encouraging the use of launderable tarps in place of herculite, wherever feasible.  We also use launderable bags in
place of plastic bags, wherever feasible.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com