Re: To Luxel Users

John Lafierre said:

> I have no problem with anyone NOT employed at a dosimetry vendor voicing
> this opinion, but people in Sandy's position should be aware that they have a higher standard to meet to protect their
> reputation as a technical resource so they do not appear to be wearing a "marketing"
> hat part time while posting to radsafe.

John,

You can continue to harp and push your agenda that I am strictly
attempting to market a different product. In that you seem to be a
majority of one (based on recent conversations and a stackload of
private e-mails), I am simply going to ignore you from this point
forward.

The only thing I am going to add is I have never criticized or
attacked the Luxel dosimeter (publicly, or privately, as can be
attested to by many). I have every right to post my opinions on
reporting levels. If a dosimeter reported dose above 50 mrem only,
I'd provide comments on that as well. The bottom line is, and many
have already voiced this, is that whether or not one likes it,
reporting levels, litigation and technical documentation go hand in
hand. Not only is the issue of 1 mrem open to anyone, and to your
dismay - even me, there are other factors besides the regulatory
limits. One need not even provide monitoring if 10% of the annual
dose limits are not exceeded (10CFR20) or 25% of quarterly limits
if under state regulations that have not adopted the annual limits.
Therefore, debating the benefit and consequences of reporting 1
mrem is fair game. If there weren't any issues, then the clients
wouldn't have the choice, nor would they even need the choice to
chose. Now would they.

This is my LAST word on this thread. From this point forward, I'll be
happy to assist anyone, privately if necessary, on this particular
subject. To John, there will be no further comment to you, period.
Your goal is to alienate and divide .. I will play no part in that.
Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205