Cs in soil

M Jo wrote -
I took natural soil samples from the depths of 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 feet from
one location. There were no Cs-137 peaks from the samples taken at 4 feet and
deeper. Is this normal? This area is dry and average rainfall is less than 10
inches per year (I think). I used Genie2K + extended range HPGe for this
analysis. Thank you. M. Jo

Cs binds strongly to soil and most fallout Cs is found in the upper 40 cm layer.

Andrew McEwan

Andrew C McEwan PhD
National Radiation Laboratory
PO Box 25-099
Christchurch, New Zealand

Ph 64 3 366 5059
Fax 64 3 366 1156
Andrew_McEwan@nrl.moh.govt.nz

Statement of confidentiality: This e-mail message and any accompanying
attachments may contain information that is confidential and subject to legal
privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use,
disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
this message.