Re: "Lighter" Side of Health Physics

	I give some basic instructions in radiation safety to every
brachytherapy implant patient in our hospital, whether temporary or
permanent.  I tell each one he or she now has a "glowing personality", or
I say they now are "hot stuff".  It usually gets a rise, a chuckle, and
breaks down the hesitancy and latent fears of most of these folks.  I
have heard many relieved thank you's from these folks; they are hurting
emotionally because often they hear or read some very serious pieces of
mis-information.  Actually makes my day; gives me a feeling that I've
communicated some valuable and helpful information.

Bob Scott, Esq., CHP
Roger Williams Medical Center
Providence, RI
bobscottchp@juno.com