Re: alternatives

I am going to have to agree with Franz on the issue of wind.  I live
I Tracy, CA home of the Altamont wind farms.  They are certainly an
eye sore and judging by the percentage of them that in various states
of disrepair probably not too maintenance friendly.  There are over
3,000 of these windmills on the hills so they can't be all that
efficient either, because we certainly have other large power plants
in the area as well.  The noise however, isn't too bad, of course no
one lives there because it's so damned windy and large steeply
rolling hills.  Of course the cows don't seem to mind the noise
either.  Oh yeah, the wind doesn't blow all the time either, I'd
rather not rely on the weather for my electricity.

Sorry Melissa, there is nothing in here radiation related.

*Kim Merritt, RRPT			    *
*Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory	    *
*Physics Directorate Safety Support Officer *
*phone: (925)423-9668 fax: (925)422-7160    *
*e-mail: merritt9@llnl.gov		    *
*"If the only tool you own is a hammer,     *
* every problem begins to resemble a nail." *
* Abraham Maslow			    *