Re: Mislabeling

To Neon: Most Excellent Reply!
      I'm just a RPT. at a plant in Florida! The majority of my
friends and neighbors have nothing to do with the industry and
don't know LNT from pocket LINT.   All they know is what they
see at the movies (classics like 'Silkwood' and 'China Syndrome')
or what they see on the news. So, it seems to be like Neon
stated, the only information that the general public gets on the
Nuclear Industry (my neighbors included, unless I,m at hand to
explain something to the best of my simple ability) comes from
the 'Squeaky Wheel'!
   Wouldn't it be possible for people in the 'Industry' to do things
like set up 'Pro-Nuke' informational Web sites? Comparing,
for example, things like the quantity of carcinogens discharged
into the atmosphere from a 'Fossil Fuel Plant' as from a 'Nuclear
Plant'?  Or set up traveling 'Visitors Centers' (like most Nuke plants
have at their sites) to go around to various community groups and
schools to educate folks at the basic level!
   Starting to take  the 'Pro-Nuke' initiative at the grassroots level
seems like a very good idea.