Re: Radiation Evolutionary Effects

Kent,

A prevailing position among the anti's is this:  low dose radiation causes fatal cancer.  From the articles I've read, I've interpreted that to mean, "life-shortening"  :-)

My point was and is that if this is the case AND if all of humanity is exposed to low-dose radiation (at least), then how has life remained on the planet??

Very simplistic, I know, but being a simpleton, I require such logic.

Have a great day!
Michael

>>> kent.lambert%drexel.edu@internet.pantex.com 10 Aug 00 12:56:42 PM >>>
Dear Group,

The following statement and others like it confuse me (this is,
however, easily accomplished):

> ... how [did] we humans survived as a species
> if low dose radiation is a toxic agent.

Why there would be a evolutionary preference that would affect
survival of the species due to low dose radiation, since the effects,
if any, would manifest themselves after reproduction occurred?

Kent Lambert

kent.lambert@drexel.edu