RE: FAA Inspection

I am curious.  What is the regulatory mandate that would
permit FAA to inspect a shipper using a transportation
service such as FedEx or UPS?  I can understand them
inspecting the carrier, but what mandate would they have
to inspect a customer?

Jim Barnes, CHP
Radiation Safety Officer
Rocketdyne/Boeing