RE: FAA Inspection

I spoke to the FAA inspector this morning.  It seems
that there is an "area of concern" regarding the air
cargo drivers having a copy of the shippers
declaration, in the front passenger seat or readily
accessible to the driver, and left in the vehicle in a
place where they are accessible.

When we pick up YII's or YIII's, we always seperate a
copy of the shippers declaration, and have it clipped
to the driver's delivery board.  When it is delivered
to us, we stamp it "DELIVERED - NO LONGER IN VEHICLE",
and keep it on file for 1 year.  It seems a FAA
inspector saw one of our drivers securing a YIII
package with clamps and straps, remove a copy of the
shipper's declaration, and then safety chain the cargo
area door.

I appears that he was impressed, and amused that he
usually doesn't see this properly done.  You can draw
your own conclusions.