Re: Global heating and stupid greens

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Tom Savin wrote:

  One final thought, or question, does anyone know what, or how long we would
 be able to depend on nuclear power (how long our U235 would last, afterall,
 there is a limited amount)?  This way one can determine how long we have to
 get technology up to speed to save humanity.

	--The price of uranium is at an all time low, and supplies are
plentiful. There would surely be enough for at least 50 years, and
probably for 100 years, at reasonable prices. The price would go up after
that, but it would not go up ten times over past prices for hundreds of
years. With breeder reactors, there is plentiful fuel for as long as life
can continue on Earth, a few billion years, without raw fuel prices
increasing the price of electricity by as much as 1%.

> HotBot - Search smarter.
> http://www.hotbot.com

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.