Re: sky shine?

I believe it is NCRP 49 that has a section on skyshine including a diagram.  I can
fax the two pages to anyone who needs it - sorry I did not get the original message
requesting information.

Steve Hand
Radiation Safety
University of Maryland
hand@wam.umd.edu

gerald.lahti@exeloncorp.com wrote:

> Also see the ANS standard ANSI/ANS-6.6.1 [1979 ??].
>
> Another good source of skyshine info is the publications of Ken Shultis and
> Dick Faw of Kansas State University.
>
> Another key parameter in skyshine calculations is the gamma ray energy of
> the source.  The skyshine response of N-16 (6 MeV) is quite different than
> that of a source with less than 1 MeV gammas.
>
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> NOTE ComEd is now EXELON -- see new email address below
> Jerry Lahti
> Exelon - Nuclear - Downers Grove, IL
> 630.663.6659
> gerald.lahti@exeloncorp.com
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

begin:vcard
n:Hand;Steven
tel;fax:301-314-9467
tel;home:(410)-535-3762
tel;work:(301)-405-3985
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Radiation Safety Office;Department of Environmental Safety
version:2.1
email;internet:hand@wam.umd.edu
title:Health Physicist
adr;quoted-printable:;;Room 2124, Building 090=0D=0AChemical & Nuclear Engineering=0D=0ACollege Park, MD 20742;College Park;MD;20742;USA
fn:Steven Hand
end:vcard