Re: We are killing nuclear workers!

> . If a practice or a technology comes along that permits us to eliminate
the use of radiation we should be at the forefront of demanding its
application or its improvement so it can be applied.

Friends:

This is true only if we know that radiation is harmful at any level down to
zero.  But this premise is refuted by credible data.

We could reduce total man-rems (if that is our objective) by restricting
access to high radiation areas such as ski lodges and mountain retreats.
Restrict aircraft to 10,000 feet.  Outlaw salad dressing, beer, and salt
substitutes.  Restrict medical x-rays and nuclear medical procedures.  We
don't do this, because we know that these levels of radation are not
harmful.

Why should we keep telling people that far lesser levels must be
relentlessly reduced??

Ted Rockwell