Machine Translations

Good morning,

Thanks to the folks who responded regarding experience
with Machine Translations.  Your input was quite helpful.

Those of you interested may want to take a look at a
(new?) site on Alta Vista:

http://babel.altavista.com/translate.dyn

This is a machine translator now on the web that was
designed by Systran.  It appears to have given a very
credible translation of a passage from a paper we have
been working with, and I would be interested in your
impressions.

I know that early versions of MT were horrible, but this
site appears to have addressed many of these concerns.
I'd be interested in your views.

Thanks,

Jim Barnes
james.g.barnes@att.net