Re: We are killing nuclear workers!

Greetings,

1.Did they consider income as a factor in the study?
Out of my head, I don't remember how many
epidemiological life-years it costs "To be Poor".

2.I would think,GENERALLY,
badged workers have a higher income than un badged.

Emil.

>>>As Ted noted, the badged workers had lower
mortality rates for most
of the radiation-induced diseases looked at than the
un badged workers.
The design of the study was supposed to account for
the "healthy
worker" effect by looking only at workers and
differentiating on the basis of
exposure levels.  Consequently the researcher decided
that there must
be an internal "healthy worker" effect, in that the
workers who took
jobs that might expose them to radiation were
self-selected healthier
individuals than those who may have had jobs without
such exposure.  That
sounds like a lot of bull to me--most career paths are
chosen early in
life when people are generally healthy