RE: Reaching APASE and people like them -- a reposting

Jim,

I'll try to answer your question.  I know of no health physicists or nuclear
engineers that also work in the film, television, fashion or music
industries on a full or part time basis.  The opponents to nuclear power
have more money, better known people, good public relations firms, and
plenty of money to pay higher electric prices to heat their pools.  And with
influence in Washington (the East coast one), they can get electrical power
diverted to supply their power grid when electricity runs short.

I would be willing to pay higher dues in the HPS (and would join the ANS) to
help support a nuclear energy lobby to win some of the minds in Washington
(again the East coast one).  We will have to win minds there before we will
ever win the minds of the Catherine Warrens of the world.

Sorry to vent.....from Washington (the West coast one)

David Hyder, CHP
(509) 373-9652
David_S_Hyder@rl.gov
Hanford's Facility Evaluation Board