Measuring Radon

Title: Measuring Radon

Fellow Radsafers:

I'm looking for recommendations on reliable, low maintenance and cost effective monitoring devices/systems to measure indoor radon concentrations for various areas of a large dam. I'll be performing both long (one year) and short term (< one week) monitoring. Interested in passive and active monitoring systems, including working level monitors. I would appreciate hearing about your good and bad experiences, and references to any comparative studies performed on the various devices/systems.

Please respond directly to minimize the traffic on radsafe.

Thanks for your help!

Chris Hallam
Health Physicist/RSO
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Buffalo District
1776 Niagara St.
Buffalo, NY  14207-3199
Phone: (716) 879-4171
Fax: (716) 879-4355
E-mail: christopher.m.hallam@usace.army.mil
Visit our web site at: http://www.lrb.usace.army.mil
Quote of the Day:  "You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive, and vice versa."
All opinions are my own, not my agency's...and you probably wouldn't want to use them anyway.