Re: Yugoslav Uranium Said Dangerous

>Sunday evening, CNN Headline News had Christiana Amanpour (sp.) talking
about this 'toxic material' causing all kinds of cancers in vets.  They
showed a vet with testicular cancer who had been in Kosovo.
---
Swedish TV news had more about the DU and Kosovo and showed us with a
funeral of a leukemia victim three hours ago (cause-effect was implied).

Someone stated that the radioactivity was "too low" to cause leukemias. A
new measurement with some detector was shown (I don't think that it was
stated what kind of instrument it was - they were checking the ground - I
got the impression that it was projectiles they went over - it could have
been just plain background) and some sound was heard but it didn't seem
extreme to me (I have hear "worse" (=more) in our high concentration uranium
areas in western Sweden using a Geiger counter myself) - a pack of potassium
fertilizer would probably also give more of a sound.

I still have a feeling that the public is left there with "the experts are
of different opinions ("does the radiation from DU cause cancers?")and will
continue to argue about it".

My reflections only,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/bjorn_cedervall/