From: Brian Rees [mailto:brees@lanl.gov]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 9:02 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Sr-90 questions

For some reason, I've been asked a number of different questions about
Sr-90 recently.  I've been able to answer them to a certain extent, but now
I have questions:

1)	Other than it's abundance as a fission product, it's almost pure
beta
emission(s) (including Y), and half-life/specific activity, why Sr?  I.e.
are there other reasons I'm missing?

2)	What are common uses other than ocular devices, instrument sources,
heat
sources, and de-icing sensors?

Thanks in advance,

Brian Rees