From: Brian Rees
To: Multiple recipients of list
Sent: 2/23/01 10:01 AM
Subject: Sr-90 questions

For some reason, I've been asked a number of different questions about
Sr-90 recently.  I've been able to answer them to a certain extent, but
now
I have questions:

1)	Other than it's abundance as a fission product, it's almost pure
beta
emission(s) (including Y), and half-life/specific activity, why Sr?
I.e.
are there other reasons I'm missing?

2)	What are common uses other than ocular devices, instrument
sources, heat
sources, and de-icing sensors?

Thanks in advance,

Brian Rees