Re: DOT 7A drums

Irene
 1. Ask "What is the DOT designation of the
	RAM?" - LSA, Excepted, Type A, etc.

2. Ask "Is it in Special Form by chance?"

3. Go to our web page www.safkeg.com to see
	several Type A certified packagings for
	both liquids and solids.

4. We have several CROFT News Letters which
	address topics involving Type A
	packaging,certification and use, including
	shipping of Type A quantities of liquids. I
	will send you some past copies if they
	would be of interest.

5. I personally have over 30-years experience
	in Type A testing & certification, and
	CROFT has extensive experience in
	Internationl (IAEA) packaging
	certifications of a wide variety
	(including extensive Type B packagings).

6. Please note Mr. Lipton's e-mail of February
	26, 2001. I have communicated this message for 	over 20-years, but I
have never seen or heard
	it repeated by a shipper/manufacturer until
	now. It's satisfying to know there is someone
	out there willing to foster enhanced regulatory
	compliance and understanding (and so eloquently
	and technically correct).

	Also, I have sent a formal letter (documented
	question)to the DOT on this topic, but todate
	I have not received an answer.

If I can be of help give me a call or a private e-mail.

Irene K Sakimoto wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I was wondering if anyone out there in Radsafe land ever used the
> following type of drum to ship liquid radioactive material.  It is a UN
> 1H1/Y1.8/100/00/USA/+AA2050/2.2MM) plastic drum.  If anyone has, please
> write back to me and let me know if you have any information on the test
> results for the DOT requirements for DOT 7A containers.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Aloha,
>
> Irene Sakimoto

> Irene Sakimoto
> Radiation Safety Officer
> University of Hawaii
> Environmental Health and Safety Office
> 2040 East-West Road
> Honolulu, HI  96822
> phone: 808-956-6475
> fax: 808-956-3205
> email: isakimot@hawaii.edu
begin:vcard
n:Edlign;Don
tel;fax:502-899-5117
tel;home:502-896-8597
tel;work:502-896-8597
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:CROFT Inc.
version:2.1
email;internet:dedling@home.com
adr;quoted-printable:;;1105 Old Cannons Lane=0D=0A;Louisville;Kentucky;40207;
fn:Don A. Edling
end:vcard