Re: Radon Web Site

	I don't think one can be too harsh. 328U does decay by spontaneous

fission in competition with alpha decay. The author never actually claims

that radon is a reult of the fission decay mode. Of course, the idea that

any source lasts forever just because we use an exponential approximation

for the population variation with time is not correct. When the last atom

decays it is all over. The idea of a cave man living long enough to be

affected by radon is also rather whimsical.

Cheers,

Bill Prestwich

McMaster University

prestwic@mcmaster.ca