Measurement of Extra-cameral Signals

During a recent discussion concerning instrument calibration and quality

assurance, the topic of how one would measure or evaluate extra-cameral

signals came up.  We did not come to a consensus on how one could do such an

evaluation.  Review of AAPM Report No. 13, revealed no details as to how to

evaluate extra-cameral signals, only that "...extra-cameral radiation signal

tests be conducted just prior to the time of each instrument calibration."

I am interested in hearing about any methods and/or experiences related to

evaluation of these signals.

Thanks for your assistance.

Danny L. Rice, CHP

Alternate Radiation Protection Officer