Re: Hormesis and LNT

Thanks for the kind words.  I should have probably referred to detection

limit in the post.  IF  LNT were true, there is little way they could detect

the effects they claim to exist at low doses.

I saw something interesting relative to the question of arsenic.  Though New

Mexico probably has the highest statewide average arsenic concentration in

drinking water,  New Mexico also has one of the very lowest incidence rates

for bladder cancer.  The LNT crowd would have us believe that New Mexico

should have one of the highest incidence rates for bladder cancer.  The CDC

ASTDR web page has some interesting comments about animal studies relating

to arsenic.

Cohen's work on indoor radon does, as others have pointed out, show results

that are in  complete contradiction to what is expected by LNT.  Another

good study on the effects of low-level radiation was performed in India

during the mid 1980's and published in the Health Physics issue on hormesis

research.

Joan