Re: Re; Story about Chernobyl on Thurs 26 April about 5:50PM EDT

Tony Snow,

Supplementing Dr. Siskel's link to Zbigniew Jaworowki's article, the

official June 2000 release by the United Nations Scientific Committee on the

Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR), along with a letter to Secretary

General Annan on a UN report providing misinformation similar to the

erroneous CNN report on the consequences of the Chernobyl accident, can be

found at:

http://cnts.wpi.edu/RSH/Docs/Other%20Docs/UNSCEAR%202000/

Note that Dr. Jaworowski is a long time member, and former Chairman, of

UNSCEAR; and that UNSCEAR still supports the false presumption that

radiation dose is harmful down to zero dose.

You will also be interested in the link in the left column of the above web

page to an English translation of the Jan 2001 article in WPROST on the

"Chernobyl Bluff."

Also see other scientific papers on Chernobyl effects, especially in the

'liquidators,' in Section 1.2.5.2.1 at:

http://cnts.wpi.edu/RSH/Data_Docs/

 See also section 1.9

(Note we have issued the March 2001 Rev. 4 so the web site is not current.)

You will also find other scientific and analysis documents at:

http://cnts.wpi.edu/RSH/Docs/

You may also want to see:

http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/articles/nuclear.html

and Dr. Jaworowski's article in the Sep '99 Physics Today:

http://cnts.wpi.edu/RSH/Docs/JA99_Radrisk.htm

Regards, Jim Muckerheide

Radiation, Science, and Health

Center for nuclear Technology and Society at WPI

Mass. State nuclear Engineer

jmuckerheide@cnts.wpi.edu

1-781-449-2214 fax 449-6464