CALL FOR PAPERS

Greetings Radsafers!  Once again, we are seeking papers for publication in

both Radiation Protection Management, and RSO Magazine.  Articles can be of

any length, and should address a "hands-on," practical topic, such as

"lessons learned" or "how we accomplished ____ task, using

______."  Neither journal ever charges its authors, and authors receive

copies of the article for their own use.

The most frequent comment we get seems to be "I don't have anything to

write about."  There are many sources for articles, however.  Look at

situations that arise on the job.  Perhaps there are reports that could be

modified somewhat to form the basis of an article.  If you are making a

presentation at a professional meeting (e.g., HPS next week), please

consider sending the material to us for publication.  Many times, it

requires only a little editing to work it into a publication-worthy

article.  OR, take your radsafe postings (assuming they follow a theme) and

expand slightly to create an article.

We will be attending the HPS meeting next week (booth #715). Stop by and

ask for a copy of the Authors' Guide (which says, in so many words "just

send the article to us; we'll work with you to shape it into final

format"), or e-mail me for a copy and/or a sample issue of the journal(s),

or check our website at http://www.radpro.com (follow the links through

"publications" to the Authors' Guide).

And while you're at our HPS booth, talk to Paul about his new software and

"miniaturized" portable detection system!

Thanks for listening. I hope to hear from many of our radsafe family soon.

Sharyn

Sharyn Mathews

Managing Editor

RSO Magazine & Radiation Protection Management

publish@radpro.com