Re: [DOEWatch] Understanding the tsunami threat to coastal nuclea r power plants

In a message dated Wed, 20 Jun 2001  6:52:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Jerry Cohen" <jjcohen@prodigy.net> responds to the following:

<< ...the idea of building a nuclear power   plant in an earthquake zone OR a tsunami zone (coastal area) is   ludicrous! Or an asteroid zone.>>

With the tongue-in-cheek:

<< If I understand this correctly, it is possible that an enormous earthquake, asteroid,or tsunami might some day hit the southern California coast...[and] the really serious   consequence of such an event   would be the destuction of the San Onofre   Nuclear Power Plant  with possible release of radioactivity.   Stop the world. I want to   get   off!   >>

What I want to know is, how do I get to the nearest asteroid-free zone?

Barbara L. Hamrick

BLHamrick@aol.com