Chapelcross et. al.

In reality the EBR-1 was the first nuclear reactor to

generate electricity for the lab in 1951. Its primary

purpose was to demonstrate breeding Pu. Obninsk

generated electricity but not "to a commerical or

public grid." I think I read somewhere that Obninsk's

main purpose was to produce Pu.

Paul Shafer