Re: Having a baby after a seed implant

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: Bernard L Cohen <blc+@pitt.edu>

An: Franz Schoenhofer <franz.schoenhofer@CHELLO.AT>

Cc: Chris Alston <alstonc@ODRGE.ODR.GEORGETOWN.EDU>;

radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2001 16:43

Betreff: Re: Having a baby after a seed implant

>On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Franz Schoenhofer wrote:

>>  These are the facts. The chance of genetic defects like

>> mongolism is increasing not only with the age of the mother, but with the

>> age of the father as well.

> --Is there a reference on age of father affecting mongolism? I

>know about it affecting other genetic defects, but had not heard about

>mongolism from father's age.

Dear Bernie,

The woman I was once married to and had three children with worked in a

cytogenetic laboratory, where amniocenthesis was carried out and couples

with genetic defects in their family were adviced. From this time - this was

before my three children, now aged 23, 21 and 20, were born, I remember that

first information came along that not only the age of the mother but to a

lesser extent the age of the father played a role. This was the basis for my

comment. I do not have any references from that time. Because of your

question I tried to conduct a research on the internet, which I can only do

from search engines like yahoo or altavista. I found a few results stating

that only the age of the mother was of concern and as well a few, that

mentioned the influence of the fathers age. I have no idea, how trustworthy

these sites are. I do not have access to medical data bases, but I suppose

it should be easy to retrieve from them some information. If somebody would

search for it, I would be interested in the results.

Best regards,

Franz