Clarifications

I think a couple of clarifications might be in order regarding the Radsafe

list.

1) Radiation-related content

Issues related to global warming, alternative energy sources and the like

relate to nuclear power, which clearly relates to radiation safety. If a

thread does not interest you, you are not obligated to read it, just ignore

it. If threads go on for a while on something clearly off topic, I'll

intervene. If there are just one or two comments off topic, I generally let

it go, so that we don't soak up more bandwidth with discussion about whether

something is off topic or not.

2) Tolerance and defensiveness

There is a diversity of views represented by active participants and

"lurkers" on the list. Please be respectful of others' opinions. You can

state your opinion forcefully while being respectful. Healthy debate is

wonderful; intolerance is not. Comments like "typical one track minded

idiots" are not helpful to a reasoned discussion.

> Do we now have a creationist on the RADSAFE list???

If so, they are more than welcome to be here and to express their points of

view.

Comments on any of the above are welcome, preferably off-list, to my e-mail

address. Thanks.

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 322-3190

Fax   (615) 322-3764

e-mail  michael.g.stabin@vanderbilt.edu

"Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of"

- Steven Wright