Re: Having a baby after a seed implant

At 00:12 27/07/01 +0200, Franz Schoenhofer wrote:

> [...]

Perhaps , but I would'nt take it too hard. the Bible dose not mention how

old were the ladies of those fertile senior heroes, they probably (and

other biblical characters certainly) had more than one wife , and I don't

think Les will recommend polygemia on this basis.

On the other hand I disagree with Franz. To deny the right of a 67 year man

to have new children is an inadequate generalisation. With the prolongation

of life expectancy in the western world, a healthy 67 old man has a good

chace to witness his newborn child graduating highschool (if this man is a

nuclear worker and belongs to the high exposure category he  has even a

better chance... :-)). Indeed there is the risk the at age 80+ he wouldn't

recognize his son but this consideration should be left (as arule) to the

patient, not to society.

Dov (Dubi) Brickner    MD

Beer-Sheva  ISRAEL

brickner@in.zahav.net.il