RE: Risk Communication/Wind Power/LOCA/LOBA Accidents

>And these things have, what, 2 or 3 blades each?

So if one broke off and hit another windmill releasing, on average, two

blades .....

---

which reminds me of an experiment from my childhood - mouse traps and table

tennis balls (three on each mouse trap - quite confined space and bouncy

floor). Can probably be used (expanded) to explain nuclear reactions - try

adding absorbers, reflectors etc. You just need _many_ dozens of traps (I

remember that I was disappointed by not having enough of them - fun however)

to get good demonstrations for the educational purpose.

Back to LOBA:s and BL Cohen's chapter on "the worst possible accident" (in

Before it's too late). It is statistically not impossible with that LOBA

cascade but for practical purposes there always has to be an end in the

assumptions accepted.

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com