Re: nuclear accidents / drills / realistic scenarios / media - public perceptions

<<Conclusion ... we should only test potential and plausible accident

scenarios. Give the media and the public the best effort regarding

what can really happen, and then plan for worse case, but using

sanity checks. IF the govt. agencies want to test evacuation, use a

different scenario, non-radiological. In FL, they do evacuate for

hurricane, and other states have evacuated for chemical accidents.

Use real world scenarios, and don't mix a nuclear drill with a non-

realistic dose evacuation.>>

Thank you, Sandy. Finally, the voice of reason (but will it prevail . . .

?). Reminds me of the definition of insanity--doing the same thing but

hoping for a different result. Also reminds me of a Peach Bottom VP's

comments to plant staff about a year (ca. 1988) after their extended

shutdown: If it's the way we've always done it, it's probably wrong.

Jack Earley

Radiological Engineer

Enercon Services, Inc.

6525 N. Meridian, Suite 503

OKC, OK  73116

phone: 405-722-7693

fax:       405-722-7694

jearley@enercon.com

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain Enercon Services, Inc.

proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to

copyright belonging to Enercon Services, Inc. This e-mail is intended solely

for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If you

are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that

any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the

contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be

unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the

sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this

e-mail and any printout.