Re: German Cabinet approves nuclear plant shutdown

Although the use of fuel cell technology wasn't actually the point I was

addressing per se, the actual application discussed in the reference was

using the fuel cell in a car to power a house, not vice versa. I'm sure

you're more familiar with this developing technology than most of us are,

but my technical dictionary defines a fuel cell as "a cell that converts

chemical energy directly into electric energy, with electric power being

produced as a part of a chemical reaction between the electrolyte and a fuel

such as kerosine (sic) or industrial fuel gas." It also defines fuel-cell

fuel as "a substance, such as hydrogen, carbon monoxide, sodium, alcohol, or

a hydrocarbon, which reacts with oxygen to generate energy in a fuel cell."

Apologies to all for taking up bandwidth on a sidebar--any who would like to

further enlighten me on fuel cells feel free to respond privately.

Jack Earley

Radiological Engineer

Enercon Services, Inc.

6525 N. Meridian, Suite 503

OKC, OK  73116

phone: 405-722-7693

fax:       405-722-7694

jearley@enercon.com

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain Enercon Services, Inc.

proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to

copyright belonging to Enercon Services, Inc. This e-mail is intended solely

for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If you

are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that

any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the

contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be

unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the

sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this

e-mail and any printout.