Re: From NCI- News Hours Transcript 11/2/01; Focus- Nuclear Safeguards

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:33:20 -0600

From: DWhitfil@KDHE.STATE.KS.US

Subject: Re: From NCI- News Hours Transcript 11/2/01; Focus- Nuclear

Safeguards

Well not to dis Lochbaum, but I have an MS in Nuclear Engineering and I

also think he should send the apology. Geez I'd hate to think how

embarrassed the professors who taught me would be if I ever approached the

cracker level that this guy has. I think my major professor would

personally hunt me down and get that apology directly...

On the other hand, this guy does seem to have that special magic over folks

and he must be making quite a living at it. What a talent....

Oh, here is the best part of Tim's post not found below:

If he is a nuclear engineer, I think he needs to send his degree back to

the college that gave it to him along

with a post-it note attached saying, "I apologize for wasting your time and

I regret to inform you that I am

too stupid to have this degree."  I wonder if he would be sending his

degree back to Sally Struthers....

                    Norman Cohen

                    <ncohen12@HOME.COM>           To:

"radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu" <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

                    Sent by:                      cc:

                    owner-radsafe@list.vand       Subject:     Re: From NCI-

News Hours Transcript 11/2/01; Focus- Nuclear

                    erbilt.edu                     Safeguards

                    11/11/01 01:07 PM

                    Please respond to

                    Norman Cohen

Tim,

It's ashame you feel that you must trash Dave Lochbaum, who's credentials

I've

posted to this list. Is it impossible for radsafers to have a civil

discussion?

If you have a question abut what Dave said, contact him at UCS. He's always

answered any and all questions I've posted to him.

peace

norm

Tim wrote:

> I sent a message to NCI asking them why they used a

> "nuclear engineer" who equated ANY AMOUNT OF spent

> fuel to a 10 kilton nuclear bomb.  Maybe NCI was not

> the author or background consultant on this piece, but

> their name was all over it so I sent them the message.

- --

Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr

Ave.,

Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8537 or 609-601-8583 (8583: fax, answer

machine);

ncohen12@home.com  UNPLUG SALEM WEBSITE:  http://www.unplugsalem.org/

COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE WEBSITE:

http:/www.coalitionforpeaceandjustice.org   The Coalition for Peace and

Justice is a chapter of Peace Action.

"First they ignore you; Then they laugh at you; Then they fight you; Then

you

win. (Gandhi) "Why walk when you can fly?"  (Mary Chapin Carpenter)