From: Norman Cohen [mailto:ncohen12@HOME.COM]

Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 8:33 PM

To: radsafe

Subject: Re: Nukes in Space...

Hi Steve,

the Magazine was Analog Science Fiction and Science Fact. Be accurate.

I wasn't saying we could do this right now, it was just an idea. In fact, I

posted the same idea on the old radsafe list. I don't recall that you

chopped

my head off back then. I recall that I was asked if I had any plan for

disposing of nuke waste. Thats the best plan I had then and its the best

I've

got now. Don't like it, just ignore it and my postings.

The idea of an equatorial elevator system is that rockets would not be used.

It was many moons ago that I read that article or story, so details are

hazy.

Speaking about starving, you know I am kinda hungry. Gonna go get me a

bagel.

Peace

Norm

--

Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr

Ave.,

Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8537 or 609-601-8583 (8583: fax, answer machine);

ncohen12@home.com  UNPLUG SALEM WEBSITE:  http://www.unplugsalem.org/

COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE WEBSITE:

http:/www.coalitionforpeaceandjustice.org   The Coalition for Peace and

Justice is a chapter of Peace Action.

"First they ignore you; Then they laugh at you; Then they fight you; Then

you

win. (Gandhi) "Why walk when you can fly?"  (Mary Chapin Carpenter)