Concept of the Space Elevator

At 07:44 AM 12/4/2001 -0700, Neil, David M wrote:

>If memory serves, and I may be misrecalling it, that concept fails on the

>basis of tensile strength of the materials.

For those interested in more details on the concept, a 9 page report (dated

Jan. 2000) in the LANL Research Library:

Space Elevators : Building a Permanent Bridge for Space Exploration and

Economic Development.

I saw a seminar on this topic around the same time...

Regards,

Erik

Erik F. Shores

Los Alamos National Laboratory