RE: Worker exposed to 1,000 times higher-than-normal radiation

FranzSchoenhofer wrote:

<<Especially alarming are the circumstances: negligence and

without doubt breaching of rules like checking the presence of people.

Therefore I think that this is really noteworthy and a real accident. . .

.>>

Just a side note--

I know it's a bit narrow-minded on my part, but I don't even let my kids

describe as an accident something that is reasonably preventable. If someday

they tell me they've wrecked the car, that's what I'll expect to hear from

them, along with the "root cause" and proposed corrective action that will

prevent its recurrence. So "negligence" and "breaches of rules" don't

qualify for me as "accidents."

Jack Earley

Radiological Engineer