Re: Genders: different sentivity to radiation

In a message dated 1/5/02 1:56:19 AM Mountain Standard Time, LassePer@AOL.COM writes:

: Influence of gender differences in the carbon pool on dose factors for intakes of tritium and C-14 labeled compunds.Published in Health Physics 2001 in Sepember issue (Vol 81 no 3 pp. 202-312) by Richardson et al.

Here is a real question:  in what sense are the physiological differences in carbon and hydrogen compound metabolism between men and women "ethical issues?"  Sure there are differences in ingested dose, and studying these differences is a perfectly acceptable and normal scientific pursuit, but how are such differences related to "ethics" (or lack of ethics)?

I have tried to phrase this so it would not be dismissed as "irrelevant."  According to my dictionary (Webster's) "ethical" means (1) relating to ethics: the discipline dealing with what is good and bad and with moral duty and obligation, (2) involving or expressing moral approval or disapproval, (3) conforming to accepted professional standards of conduct.

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com