Re: Epidemiological evidence of lung cancer risk

I can't find anything completely specific to nuclear

medicine technicians but the following may be close --

Petralia SA, Dosemeci M, Adams EE, Zahm SH.  1999.

Cancer mortality among women employed in health care

occupations in 24 U.S. states,

1984-1993.   Am J Ind Med. 36(1):159-165.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10361602&dopt=Abstract

Mohan A, Hauptmann M, Doody M, Freedman D, Alexander

B, Boice J, Mandel J,  Correa-Villasenor A, Matanoski

G, Linet M.  2000.   Mortality among radiologic

technologists in the united states (1926-1997). 2(nd)

Follow up.   Ann Epidemiol. 10(7):480.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=11018427&dopt=Abstract

Doody MM, Mandel JS, Boice JD Jr.  1995.  Employment

practices and breast cancer among radiologic

technologists.  J Occup Environ Med. 37(3):321-327.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=7796200&dopt=Abstract

Doody MM, Mandel JS, Lubin JH, Boice JD Jr.  1998

Mortality among United States radiologic

technologists, 1926-90.    Cancer Causes Control.

9(1):67-75.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=9486465&dopt=Abstract

Boice JD Jr, Mandel JS, Doody MM.  1995.  Breast

cancer among radiologic technologists.  JAMA.  Aug

2;274(5):394-401.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=7616635&dopt=Abstract

Morin Doody M, Mandel JS, Linet MS, Ron E, Lubin JH,

Boice JD Jr, Fraumeni JF Jr.  2000.  Mortality among

Catholic nuns certified as radiologic technologists.

Am J Ind Med. 37(4):339-348.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10706745&dopt=Abstract

Sont WN, Zielinski JM, Ashmore JP, Jiang H, Krewski D,

Fair ME, Band PR, Letourneau EG.   2001.  First

analysis of cancer incidence and occupational

radiation exposure based on the National Dose

Registry of Canada.   Am J Epidemiol.  153(4):309-318.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=11207146&dopt=Abstract

(A portion of this cohort was medical).

~Ruth 2

> I am not aware at this time of any current studies

> of cancers or other

> health risks to nuclear medicine technicians, but

> would like to know any

> have been performed.

> -- John

> John Jacobus, MS