Re: [Know_Nukes] [Humor] Re: PullThePlug on Hoover's Press Release

Dear Jim H,
Thanks for the great ideas! I would suggest that do to the latest terrorist attck involving a suicidal pretzel, that we also focus on closing all pretzel factories in this country. My new group, called POOP (People Organized Opposing Pretzels) will be sending out grant requests shortly. ;-)

And what a great name for the other group: ALLWET! (If they were good, they would call them "darns" not "dams" - our slogan). i'll be putting in a major grant request to fund this worthwhile endeavor. Hey! maybe I can get you a job as our media consultant!  ;-)

And JIm, you're correct. Not witty, barely humour. If you read carefully the TFP's latest work, "Low Level Radiation's Effects on the Funny Bone", you'll see definitive proof that continual doses of radiation OR radsafe messages leads to a severe deterioriation of one's sense of humor. Of course hormesis proponents will claim that a judicious application of radiation will result in the subject laughing uncontrollably.  ;-)

Jim Hoerner wrote:

 If you enjoy witty humor, you'll hate this.

All in fun,
Jim

--- In Know_Nukes@y..., Norman Cohen <ncohen12@h...> wrote:

01/15/02
For Immediate Release:
NOTE:  SORRY FOR CROSS-POSTINGS.  FORWARD FAR AND WIDE!

Hydro Watchdog Group PullThePlug on Hoover
Releases Dam Sabotage Report:
Calls for Changes or Shutdown of US Hydro Plants

      The Alliance for Worldly Environmental Truce (All WET) has released a
report from the Scientific Union of Confused Spindoctors (SUCS) that details
the vulnerabilities of American hydro plants to sabotage. This report is
being released as part of All WET's petition to the Creek Slime Protection
Commission (CSPC) for the immediate shutdown of Americas hydro electric dams
until security upgrades and changes in water storage are in place.

      The report, written by Les Neuron, Hydrodynamic Safety Engineer
for SUCS, "focuses on two main areas: drownings, radioactive releases, and
health effects associated with hydric acid, a dangerous chemical used at all
hydroelectric facilities and even nuclear plants.  According to Neuron, the
hydro plants are "vulnerable to sabotage. The water storage pools at most
dams are located above-ground.  We would like to see these catastrophes
waiting to happen moved under ground". The pools would be less vulnerable to
an air or ground attack that would lead to loss of water, and a radioactive
release of tritium, Neuron said.

     Penny Watthour, hydro plant employee, added that "dams work on a
principle of gravity, and they would be entirely useless underground in most
locations..." before being interrupted by Mr. Neuron who said "Don't believe
a word of it.  These pundit apologists of the dam dinosaur industry skew all
of their numbers to support their paychecks!"

    In addition, Neuron states that America's hydro plants are "not
adequately protected against sabotage from the air or ground involving a
fire in more than one room or area with the concurrent disabling of
emergency equipment during an earthquake that occurs on the third Friday
full-moon of a year during a month beginning with M".

    Originally, the All WET Campaign sent a letter on September 17th 2001 to
CSPC Chairman, Al G. Greene, requesting the following: That CSPC close all
US hydro plants; that there be an immediate security upgrade; that the
plants' defenses be upgraded to withstand a jet crash similar to the 911
events; that three ham and sausage pizzas with extra cheese and a six pack
of Mountain Dew be delivered within 30 minutes to All WET's headquarters.

   US Federal Regulation 10.C.F.WE.CARE.2 petitions are the only way that
citizens and watchdog groups can ask the CSPC to implement rule changes at
nuclear plants.

    Commented Norm L. Naught, Coordinator of the All WET Campaign, "We have
many additional security concerns about outdated, dangerous, expensive dams
besides the two issues mentioned by SUCS."

    The letter of September 17th was prompted by the receipt of information
that none of the nation's dams, nuclear power plants, pipelines, bridges,
skyscrapers, oil refineries, sports stadiums, or 7-11 convenience stores
could withstand a jet crash.  "Nuclear power plants already have enough
opposition groups fighting for money.  We decided to try to closing all the
nations 7-11s", Neuron said, "but, thankfully, at our last meeting someone
realized that we wouldn't have anywhere convenient to buy Mountain Dew, so
we opted for the hydro plants."