Re: radon - documentation of exposure histories for Iowa study

 "Association". So  431 cases of lung cancer (86% smokers, therefore only 58 non-smokers) had more radon in their homes than "controls", (only 32% of

whom smoked). "Adjustment" statistically, is to replace data from truly matched "controls"?! Why bother with double-blind placebo tests, with such

great effort to truly match controls?

And that presumption was in the 1% exception in a nationwide study with 100,000 deaths from lung cancer not showing INVERSE association with home

radon. You infer to the total population of the USA from a selected, 1% outlier (which could have had silo poisoning or other unknown

common to both smokers and radon level)?

 Why not properly control, with all smokers or all non-smokers, instead of trusting in select statistical "adjustment"? "Difficult" - an admission of

numbers too small to properly match controls - as in the NSWS with >4,000 cancer deaths, that showed  25% better cancer resistance with >.5 rem than

<.1 rem (according to its TAC member, John Cameron).

Howard Long