Re: Lung cancer mortality from radon versus mortality from

Barbara,

My comment to Howard is that he seems to be confused about LNT and

brachytherapy.  Of course, if you can relate the doses delivered to the

radiaton therapy delivered by a competent physician and staff to his

ramblings about LD50 and pharmaceuticals, you understand more than I do

about his ramblings.

--John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

3050 Traymore Lane

Bowie, MD 20715-2024

jenday1@email.msn.com (H)

The original comment was:

**Furthermore, LNT for chemicals is incompatible with the daily practice

of any physician, as we carefully dose poisons (most pharmaceuticals having

LD 50s, like ionizing radiation). Prescribing radiation UNDER THRESHHOLD

DOSE should soon be boosting immunity to infections (as in AIDS), speeding

wound

healing, and stimulating resistance to cancer. Now, it minimizes restenosis

in coronary stents.  Would you prohibit - or delay -  individual choice of

these dose-dependent benefits? **

Barabara L. Hamrick wrote:

to Howard:

> However, your

> comment about radiation to prevent restenosis makes me wonder how much you

Okay, now I'm curious, and have to butt in...It's my understanding, and

maybe

I'm totally misinformed, because I haven't been keeping up with medical

radiation research in the last year, but I THOUGHT that radiation WAS

effective in preventing restenosis...Isn't that what the Novoste Beta Cath

systems are all about?

. . .