RE: HP Position Available in Texas

As I mentioned in a private posting earlier, contractors probably have the

greatest effect on federal and NPP salaries. The lack of mobility among

university, medical, and state employees is likely the greatest contributor

to lower salaries there. As Janet Westbrook said yesterday, her inability to

relocate restricts her availability. I just met a facility rad con manager

who left for 14 months because he received a pay raise when he took a new

job, and another when he returned. He wouldn't earn as much had he stayed

put.

The next major contributor to lower salaries is those institutions'

(university, medical, and state) willingness to hire individuals with (newly

acquired) advanced degrees w/ little or no experience who are on the CHP

path (wanted: MS, CHP or candidate who can carry 50 lbs), coupled w/ those

individuals' inability to compete where experience is required.

I don't foresee any changes in the disparity.

Jack Earley

Radiological Engineer