CHP Wanted

The following posted by Steve Rima:

> Subject: CHP Wanted

> From: "Steve Rima" <Steve.Rima@mactec.com>

> To: <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

> I'm posting the following position announcement for a colleague who

doesn't have access to RADSAFE. Please do not respond to me as I don't know

any more about the position than what's in the announcement.

> BTW, a couple of years ago I unsubscribed from RADSAFE because I just

plain got too busy. I recently stuck my toe back into the water by

subscribing to the digest version. To my amazement, it's like I was never

gone! It's pretty much the exact same people discussing (mostly arguing) the

exact same issues, e.g., Norm Cohen, LNT, Iowa Radon Study, etc., etc., etc.

It reminds me, in many ways, of a soap opera...

****************

> Certified Health Physicist Needed

> IT Corporation is looking to fill position at the Linde and Ashland

Formerly Utilized Sites Remedial Action Program (FUSRAP) Sites in Tonawanda,

New York. The anticipated start date for the individual is August 2001.

> Brief Project Description:

> IT Corporation has been contracted by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to

remediate the Linde and Ashland FUSRAP Sites in Tonawanda, New York. The

remediation of the site will include:

> · Creation of all work plans

> · Investigation and characterization of limited areas of the sites

> · Excavation, Transportation and Disposal of approximately 500,000 tons of

radioactively impacted materials including; soils, concrete, asphalt, and

miscellaneous building debris.

> · All transportation will be completed by rail, to a facility licensed to

either dispose or recycle the radioactive residuals.

> · Demolition of four existing buildings

> · The scan and release of 3500 [F of underground utility tunnel

> · MARSSIM release of the 200+ acre site.

> · Restoration of all impacted areas.

> The sites were contaminated as a result of the Manhattan Engineering

District activities on the sites in the early 1940's. The main contaminates

of concern at the site include Uranium, Thorium and Radium.

> Position Requirements:

> Certified Health Physicist (CHP) - Project CHP will provide support to the

project management team. They will provide needed interfacing between the

USACE and the project health physics program. They will update plans and

procedures as necessary to ensure project activities and requirements are

consistent with project needs. They will perform calculations to track

worker exposure to airborne radioactive contaminants and require bioassay

sampling when required for compliance with the Linde Health Safety and

Emergency Response Plan or as special circumstances require. They will

ensure that worker exposure is tracked, that reporting requirements for this

information are met, and that positive bioassay data are reviewed by a

competent person and doses are assigned as necessary. They will perform

monthly audits of the field operations and health physics activities to

ensure compliance to regulatory and work plan requirements. These audits may

be comprehensive over the entire progra!

> m or limited in scope to specific project elements. The individual must

meet the following requirements to be considered for this position:

> 1. BS degree in Health Physics or Radiological Engineering with courses of

study related to Health Physics (Advanced degree considered a plus)

> 2. Certified by the Board of American Health Physicists

> 3. Experience in developing, maintaining and interpreting the results from

air monitoring programs

> 4. Experience with internal and external dose assessment to workers and

the public associated with site activities

> 5. Knowledgeable in the implementation of MARSSIM and Final Status Survey

Plans and Reports

> 6. Experience with field instrumentation to be used at the Linde and

Ashland Sites

> 7. Able to communicate radiological reports both verbally and written

> 8. At least 5 years experience with projects of a similar scope and

complexity as the Linde and Ashland remediation sites

> 9. Strong knowledge of Thorium

> IT Corporation offers a competitive salary/benefits package, a stimulating

work environment, and career growth. Please send or fax your resume

referencing job code: CHP/TONA to: IT Corporation, Attn. D. Papciak 2790

Mosside Blvd., Monroeville, PA 15146. FAX: (412) 858-3973. (Electronic

submissions please forward a "Word" document with no graphics) Email:

iobsnorth©theitgroup.com Please visit our website at: www.©theitgroup.com

EOE, M/F/D/V.