Re: News on BNL Deer -Factors at play?

In a message dated 2/20/2002 8:46:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, RuthWeiner@AOL.COM writes:

Rosemount Shiraz -- lately my very favorite red wine.

Ruth

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com

Mike, try any one of the inexpensive Chilean Merlots.  Some have been made with a grape that was thought to be extinct due to the fungus attack years ago.  It was recently identified in Chile and was thought to be Merlot.  Wines still on sale made with this grape are still on the shelf identified as Merlot.  I have tried 3 recently, all good, and all different.  Should go good with venison.

In a follow-up report by Newsday by a different reporter, the contaminant was named as cesium (not Cs-137 or cesium-137) and the other misinformation remained unchanged.  I sent them another note about the poor reporting.  I believe that we should pound the press for poor reports and I intend to do so.

John Andrews
Knoxville, Tennessee