RE: pstd/Mobile Chernobyl

> May I ask if anyone has done the calculations to compare a "mobile

Chernobyl" (sorry) to the real Chernobyl event? If this exists, I

would be glad to use it as the technical basis to ask Norm and/or

NIRS to defend their use of the term.

The fact is that a spent fuel cask being shipped has already been cooled for

several years and is virtually incapable of creating any public hazard.  The

cask itself is nearly indestructible and requires special military ordnance

to penetrate it.  Even if that were to happen, a few fuel pellets on the

ground nearby poses no serious public hazard IF PEOPLE HAVE NOT BEEN

PREVIOUSLY TRAUMATIZED BY BEING TOLD REPEATEDLY THAT SUCH AN EVENT WILL KILL

"TENS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE."  There is no mechanism to disperse

significant quantities of ingestible or respirable fps.

So there really is nothing to calculate. It's that simple.  But we mustn't

tell anyone that, or we'd cut off a lot of neat projects calculating the

effects of things that can't happen.

Ted Rockwell