Re: Criticality accident

Yes, I agree with you:

"A major accident resulting in a radioactive leak has happened. We apologize

from the

bottom of our hearts,''

JCO President Koji Kitani, bowing deeply at a news conference in Tokyo.

"A nation that has built a reputation for quality in high-tech manufacturing

should not have such workmanship errors"

 Prime Minister  Keizo Obuchi

It is important to keep in mind that the applicability and  value of a good

practice are not only dependent on the specific underlying culture of the

organization and country concerned, but also the degree of a strong analysis

on Safety Culture and  lessons learned, for this reason, we can't close the

pages of the last nuclear and radiological accidents, with significant

failure in good practice. In Tokaimura there were a chain of fails, we can't

just blame this accident on workers, however also  Regulatory Authority,

Licensee (Organization), Radiation Safety Officer, Radiation Protection

Officer.

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel