From: Kim D. Merritt <k.merritt@larc.nasa.gov>

To: <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 5:59 PM

Subject: Health Department presentation

I have been asked to give a presentation to the local public health

department regarding radiation.  The basis of it will be to give them an

awareness level of knowledge that will allow them to deal with questions

posed to them by the public and with issues that they may

encounter.  Here's my request for help: What types of issues should I

address?  I only have one hour, so whatever I cover will have to be pretty

broad.

Kim Merritt, RRPT

Radiation/Laser Safety Officer

NASA Langley Research Center